04 February, 2010

Gracie University

I have my training partner all made - so it's time to train, right? I loved my time at the club, but my schedule just didn't work out. Staring at the FVGC schedule every night wasn't really working - "I know I can get out to the Wednesday class.... maybe the Saturday class..." Hoping isn't a method.
I researched other options, I rolled with the dummy, I tried various video clips from YouTube, I rolled with my kids and even the dog (Fred got over excited and puppy humping usually happened next).
I got my fix by reading different books and magazines. Then one day I noticed a Black Belt magazine ad for Gracie University.
Serious? - a comprehensive BJJ curriculum that started with basics and built on its lessons. Provided a method for finding training partners in almost any neighborhood. Provided a method to ask questions from Gracie instructors. And even allowed for a detailed testing process to test for a Gracie Academy Blue Belt and beyond. Really.
I was really skeptical. And it took several visits to the bathroom (where the magazine sat) over a few days, for me to be intrigued enough to even visit the website. But to the site I went. And I was amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Attention Deficit Dad with as many interests as days in the year. You can't hold me back and you can only hope to contain me!
There was an error in this gadget